16 de agosto de 2011

Oxford - Part 1

Today, we travel to the ancient city of Oxford!

VIDEO 1


Stephen: Ice on the road, bridge ahead, look out for wild animals. What’s this one, Ash?
Ashlie: That one means ‘danger, river bank’ or something. It’s obvious, look at it.
Stephen: I’m studying for my driving test. You have to do a test in the car when you’re learning to drive and you have to do a written test as well - so I have to learn all these signs.
Ashlie: And I’m studying for my Business Studies course. I have to go to Oxford this afternoon to do an exam so I’m doing some last minute revision.
Stephen: Hey, Ash.
Ashlie: What?
Stephen: Did you say your exam’s in Oxford?
Ashlie: Yeah, so?
Stephen: So, why don’t I drive us there? And you can give me a driving lesson on the way. I really need the practice.
Ashlie: OK, then. Sounds good.
Stephen: Great! When do we need to go?
Ashlie: Well, with you driving? Now!
Stephen: I’ll go and get a map.
Ashlie: Oh, you don’t need to - we’ve got the GPS.
Stephen: Excellent, shall we go?
Ashlie: Yep.
.....

Stephen: OK. Ready to go!
GPS: Seatbelt on.
Stephen: Oops. Seatbelt on.
Ashlie: Right. Look in the mirrors. Get into gear. Signal. Just check the mirrors again. And off we go.
Stephen: This is easy!
Ashlie: You’re doing OK, just take it easy, the GPS knows where we’re going.
GPS: Turn right in 100 metres.
Stephen: Turn right in 100 metres.
GPS: Continue driving around the roundabout for five kilometres. Turn left in 200 metres.
Stephen: Left?! That can’t be right. We’re going round in circles.
Ashlie: I think we should go right.
GPS: Keep left. Approaching destination in 5 metres.
Ashlie: Stephen!
Stephen: Let’s turn that thing off and turn around.
Ashlie: Oh, come on. I’m going to be late. It’s almost two o’clock now.
Stephen: Which way do I go Ash?
Ashlie: Oh, look, just stop here. Over there.
Ashlie: OK – remember to lock the car and don't forget to take the GPS with you. I’ll give you a ring after my exam. Bye!
Ashlie: Taxi!
Ashlie: Excuse me, Can you take me to Oriel College, please?
Taxi Driver: OK.
Ashlie: Thanks.
GPS: You have arrived at your destination.

VIDEO 2