12 de noviembre de 2011

Notting Hill - Part 2

VIDEO 1


Ashlie: Come on, this way. We need to get to the start of the parade before they set off.
Stephen: OK! OK! We've got plenty of time though. I want to have a look around. It all looks great.
Ashlie: We’re here at the Notting Hill Carnival; one of Europe’s most famous street parties.
Stephen: Where every year thousands of people come to take part in the parade and wear fabulous costumes.
Ashlie: And it’s also a chance to watch some amazing shows and see some pretty strange sights... I know I’m really looking forward to it.
Stephen: Me, too. Come on then. Let’s see what’s out there.

.....

Stephen: Ah - I love it, Ash. And there’s such a good atmosphere, isn’t there.
Ashlie: Oh, come on though - we haven’t got all day.
Stephen: Oh, wait a minute, I want to look up there.
Ashlie: Oh Stephen, I really don’t want to miss the start of the parade. We haven’t got time.
Stephen: Oh, it’ll only take a minute. I'll catch you up.
Ashlie: You know where it is? By the car park.
Stephen: Yeah yeah, go on ahead, I’ll catch you up in a minute.
Ashlie: See you later.

.....

Ashlie: Hi girls.
Dancers: Hiya.
Ashlie: So have you done this before?
Dancer: No, this is my first year actually.
Ashlie: Wow.
Dancer: Yeah, I done it yesterday though, for the children’s carnival.
Ashlie: What was it like?
Dancer: It rained for a bit, but other than that, it was really fun.
Ashlie: Yeah? Oh, it's beautiful weather today. So how long will we be dancing for?
Dancer: Sometimes we can be dancing for like, two or three hours - we, like walk around, but sometimes you can stand in one place for, like ten minutes and be dancing to, like the same kind of music. It's really difficult.
Ashlie: Yeah, we’re going to need some energy for that.
Dancer: That’s right.

.....

Ashlie: Stephen! Where have you been?
Stephen: It took me ages to find you. All of you dancers look the same in those costumes. Ah, phew, just in time; the parade’s about to start.
Ashlie: You go to the front – I’m going to meet the rest of the group, OK? See you later.
Stephen: Oh, hang on, where are we going to meet afterwards in case we get split up?
Ashlie: Well, I’ll ring you when we finish. Oh, Stephen I haven’t got my phone.
Stephen: Me, neither. Where do we finish?
Ashlie: Erm… next to the tube station, I'll meet you there. Oh and don’t get lost again!
Stephen: OK, sounds good.
Ashlie: See you later! Bye.

.....

Stephen: Wow, that was fantastic. Did you see me dancing?
Ashlie: Yes, I saw you. It was amazing, but I didn’t expect to be so tired. We must have been dancing for hours.
Stephen: Now, we need to sit down and get something to eat.
Ashlie: Good idea. So what do you suggest?
Stephen: Something over there?

.....

Stephen: Right, come on you, it’s time for home.
Ashlie: Stephen – how are we going to get home? All the buses are going to be full and I am not taking the underground wearing this costume.
Stephen: Err... taxi?
Ashlie: Stephen. Can you see any taxis? All the roads are closed for the carnival. C’mon, let’s start walking!
Stephen: Walking? No way! Why walk when you can dance?

VIDEO 2